Friday, April 20, 2007

"...'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do."

Attention: persons looking for quotes to the movie Friday. I've noticed that every Friday the traffic to my blog spikes due to people searching for the quote that is the title of this post. This post is pretty terrible, so lets move on. Do the topics of playing retarded kids in softball or Justin Timberlake's racist secret interest you? Then how about reading some of my more recent posts? I promise they are much better than this one. If you still think that they suck then this is probably what you are looking for. Thanks for increasing my traffic fuckers.

For my first post, I will analyze the quote th
at I've selected as the title. I know that doesn't seem very interesting, but I will attempt to make it so, because I'm a giver.


Nerd Alert!

I have selected a very misleading title for my first post as it is only 33% accurate (maybe even 25%, but I will get to that later (and by later I mean in a couple of sentences because I am not a strong writer)). Today is Friday, that is a fact, so it checks out. Now this is where I run into problems. I am writing this while at work, strike one. I am a 25 year old male living in an urban area with an active social life; so even if I didn't have I have plans for the evening, I could come up with something pretty easily, strike two.

Now the wild card. Those familiar with this quote know that it begins with "I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today...", which may infer that I enjoy to get high ...or does it?

It all depends on how you define high. If you interpret it as it is presented in the quote then it clearly represents the intended effects of smoking marijuana, case closed (unless you have glaucoma or some terminal illness). Personally, I do not smoke anything, so that would be strike three. However playing devil's advocate, as I love to do so very often, what if high meant something else? I'm not talking about elevation, velocity, forcibly thrusting your hand into that of another person above your heads thus making a loud sound, or even the tide. I'm speaking of a cultural interpretation of the word.

*Notice* This is a very weak argument, but I came up with it a couple hours ago when I started writing this thing, so you're going to have to deal with it, sorry.

-the management


Strike three?

One of my friends is from the Caribbean and uses the term high to describe the effects of being intoxicated by alcohol. Now you are probably thinking, "Hey asshole, you just waisted two minutes of my life to come up with that gem? Fucked up is fucked up whether it be by narcotics or alcohol." Well as management warned you above, the argument became weaker the more I wrote, so piss off. I don't need to finish my point because you can see where I'm heading.

Time to wrap this shit show up. Now why would I pick a quote that is for the most part irrelevant toward my situation? Because I couldn't come up with anything better today and I felt like starting a blog. And I didn't see the news about the pope potentially allowing unbaptized babies to go to heaven until now. What a sweetheart.

No comments: