Friday, June 15, 2007

Great Success!

Due to the overwhelming success of this blog, and by overwhelming I mean that one other person that I know of has read this (thanks for the comments), I will try to post more often. I have already come up with many topics that I want to write about, I just haven't been putting my fingers to the keyboard. So far 95% of the stuff I have written about has been on the fly so I'll try to develop some of these ideas and hopefully be entertaining as I know people don't want to read about my day to day life, because that shit is boring and I don't want to write about it, so I will keep it to a minimum.

Now back to the first sentence. In fact this success had convinced me to start a second blog (to compliment the staggering 1.6 posts per month average I'm currently banging out). I came up with that brilliant idea, including the title and url, while driving home from the supermarket recently. My dedication to the craft of writing allowed me to sit on the idea for a couple days before actually checking that I could proceed as planned. Much to my disappointment, it was already taken, url and title, exactly as I had planned. Good show, ya dirty bastard. What would I have posted about? I have no idea, but I like the idea that few people would have gotten the joke. For those of you out of the loop, check this out.



And sorry for the Borat quote, I needed a title and that was the first thing that popped into my head that related to what I was posting about.

I'm a little pissed that I missed the Voxtrox show last night. I've got the album on heavy rotation in my office (I'm listening to it right now in fact), and really wanted to check them out live. I guess I should have manned up and quit being sick for a couple hours. You should check them out, despite indie bloggers being disappointed with the album, but you can't impress that bunch unless your name is James Murphy.

And finally, congratulations to all the married gay and lesbian couples whose marriage will stay legal in Massachusetts. Now if only the rest of the country would get their heads out of their asses and quit voting discrimination into law. It is so hard for me to understand how so many people in the world can still be so ignorant, especially the people who use religion to promote intolerance. Now where else have I seen that recently? And yeah, I just went there.

No comments: