Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It wasn't a rock...

While perusing my e-mail last week I saw in the weekly Live Nation e-mail that the B-52's were coming to town next month. I've never seen the B-52's and figured that would be a pretty fun show to attend, especially in a club setting. That was a few days ago. I now realize that it wasn't my best idea. Let me come out and say that Rock Lobster is one of my favorite songs of all time. Seriously. I don't know why, but it's awesome. And if you disagree then let me impart a little knowledge on you, it is number 146 on Rolling Stone's 500 greatest songs of all time. So fuck you hater (it pains me to use that word). And I know Rolling Stone doesn't mean shit to my generation, but that's still better than some indie music blog ironically saying that it's cool to like it. Fucking hipsters. Me saying that could also be considered ironic, but I like to think a far more accurate statement would be that hipsters like to dress in the same manner that I occasionally dress.

So I ran the idea by my girlfriend Sunday and she gave me the are you sure because that sounds pretty gay look. You know that look right? Am I the only one? When that gay guy said he liked my cardigan while I was holding the door open for several people leaving a restaurant while in Hartford on Saturday night, he was only complementing my choice of wardrobe and not really thinking I want to do things to this white boy that would make a Catholic priest jealous, wasn't he? This hasn't happened to anyone? Hmmmm...

So anyway, lesson learned:

B-52's live = gay, even if you see them with your girlfriend.



No comments: