Monday, February 11, 2008

Equinsu Ocha

Hello reader. My name is Jon. If you couldn't tell, I'm white. Not full blooded, but when census time rolls around, that's the box I check off. And if you saw me walking down the street you would agree with that designation (based on appearance, not walking like I have a stick up my ass). Why am I bringing this up? Because as a privileged Caucasian member of society there are certain words and phrases that I am not allowed to use. Well, I can actually use any words that I want (and frequently do), but because of past use by fellow Caucasians, some words are rightfully off limits. That's being said, I wondered if there was a situation appropriate for me to use one such word. That's right, the most controversial word that I can think of. So I asked The Assimilated Negro.

And one final note. Black people, you need to come up with something better than honky as a racial slur for white people. It's just doesn't carry the same weight. Same thing with cracker. I'm not as offended as I should be. Actually, I don't really get offended at much, so maybe it's just me? But probably not.

No comments: